Wednesday, May 23, 2012

X is for Xenophobia

Know what bothers me? Intolerance.

*wobbles*

Sorry, almost fell off my soap box for a second.

In the US, people who hold unjust prejudice against immigrants really grate my guts. These people are rarely of Native American descent, which means that they're first ancestors in this country were immigrants. I'm sure my Austrian and  German immigrant ancestors endured flak for being new to America, for not speaking the language or having an accent. I'm sure they had to work tough jobs just to establish themselves in a new land.

But I'm glad they stuck it out. I'm glad to be here today.

So anytime someone is put down for who they are, I hope that life is easier for their children. For them, it will be worth it. But I wish the xenophobic didn't make it so hard.

Tome


No comments:

Post a Comment