Monday, April 9, 2012

H is for Hoping

This could be a lot of things, but right now, it is in this context:

I am hoping that if I keep typing my writing project, the climax will actually appear and make complete sense.
 
I have to turn in a few pages for workshopping my writing project this week by, well, by tonight, which is now, or at least soon, before it becomes "the early morning after it was supposed to be turned in." But I'm stuck.

So what do I do?

Apparently the answer is, keep building up a thing that doesn't exist in my head yet!

Which means this story's climax has to be even more epic. See, my characters have made this plan against a bad guy, and they're about to watch it unfold. But things can't all go according to plan. That would be too easy. It'd play out like this:

PROTAGONISTS: Watch the villain as he falls into our trap.
VILLIAN: Oh no, I've fallen into their trap, and possibly died!
PROTAGONISTS: Yay! We've defeated him!
*Random pairing matchup time*

It's just not that kind of novel.

But what kind of novel is it? Off to continue type-type-typing...

Tome

No comments:

Post a Comment